domenica 22 marzo 2009

My experience with with feeds and feed aggregators.


On Thursday I learned both what a Feed is and what a feed aggregation is. The first one is a data format used for providing users with frequently updated content, while the second one is a collection of web feeds. Moreover, RSS are feed readers, feed aggregators, news readers or search aggregators, which not only aggregate text-only news feeds, but also convert them into audio recordings for offline listening. I have just searched for some useful feeds to add to my playlist in "bloglines". I added online newspapers feeds such as for example, that of "The Guardian", of the "CNN", of "The National Geographic". I hope I did everything in a correct way. Fortunately, I attended the Thursday lesson, otherwise, I wouldn't have understood anything. I am realizing, how wide the world of the Internet is and how important it is the fact of having someone teaching you all these interesting information. In the future I will say, I have some specific technological competences, that not lots of students have. I am well motivated to go on with this technological challenge, as adding further feeds, I am sure, I will improve my English. I have already planned to look for radio feeds, as I want to improve my listening. Unfortunately, this is a very busy week for me, as I am taking two exams. From next week on, I will be more active and I will go straight to the feeds, I think to be the more reliableto improve my reading, listening, and writing.

2 commenti:

  1. Hi Elena,
    I subscribe The National Geographic, too!:-)
    I agree with you on the fact that we need some guidelines in class before starting this Web 2.0 adventure! And I believe Prof. Sarah is doing great efforts to make things simple!

    As far as your feedback on language I think that your post is well written and clear. Yet, in my opionion, there is no need of a comma after 'realizing' in "I am realizing, how...".
    In the sentence "how important it is the fact of having someone teaching you all these interesting information" I believe that something is wrong: 'this interesting information' should be the correct version (information is an uncountable noun) and I would say "how important the fact... is".

    Have a nice day,
    see you tomorrow,
    Bye

    Francesca M.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Friend!I love your pics..they are really funny!Thanks for supporting my opinion-poll!
    See you tomorrow dear,

    Elisabetta

    RispondiElimina